Topic: “ADHD and Your Child: Past, Present, and Future”
Program Guest: Gregory L. Koch, Ph.D & Mary Goodarzi, Psy.D.
This presentation will discuss the typical evolution of ADHD, starting from early manifestations in childhood and continuing through childhood, adolescence, young adulthood, and beyond. Questions addressed will include:
- What does my child’s past tell me about the nature of his or her ADHD?
- As a parent, am I doing everything I can to support my child in growing up with ADHD?
- How is my child’s ADHD likely to change as he/she gets older?
- What can I do to foster my child’s independence and make him or her less dependent on me?
- How effectively can my child’s ADHD be addressed exclusively through the use of behavioral strategies?
- What are the plusses and minuses of taking medication for the growing child?